California Adaptation Forum
Location: Sacramento, CA. August 27-29, 2018
Sponsor: Local Government Commission
More Information: For additional details click here
The biennial California Adaptation Forum gathers the adaptation community to foster knowledge exchange, innovation, and mutual support to create resilient communities throughout the state. The Forum offers a series of engaging plenaries, sessions, networking opportunities, workshops, and tours to support our transition from adaptation awareness and planning to action.
From the near disaster at the Oroville dam to the devastating wildfires, 2017 will be one for the record books and a reminder for our urgent need to address the many climate impacts affecting community members, local economies, and valuable ecosystems throughout California. The 3rd California Adaptation Forum will bring together a multi-disciplinary audience to:
- Address current challenges and emerging trends in climate resilience work – form politics to extreme weather events to technological advancements and socioeconomic factors,
- Set the stage for a post-Brown climate agenda through agency and stakeholder discussions,
- Provide hands-on access to the latest tools and resources being deployed across the state,
- Showcase real-world examples of strategies that have increased community resilience,
- Highlight the latest financing and funding strategies, and
- Give participants an up-close review of the latest research on climate impacts and solutions from the 4th Climate Assessment.