Energy + Health + Housing: Unlocking Potential for Investment in Low Income Communities
June 20, 2017 | 10:00AM-4:00PM EST
Location: Greatbatch Pavilion at the Darwin Martin House, 143 Jewett Parkway, Buffalo NY 14214
Sponsor: New York State Energy Research and Development Authority and The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo
More information: For more information and registration, please click here
Millions of New Yorkers struggle every month to pay their energy bills. Many of these same residents live in unhealthy housing that contributes to chronic illness like asthma. New York State stakeholders– in collaboration with other funders and local partners who share our resolve to combat these challenges – can scale up home improvements that improve energy efficiency, reduce energy burden, and improve health.
NYSERDA and the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo, with participation of New York State Homes and Community Renewal and Department of Health, are convening local and national funders to build solutions together. Already, the State dedicates resources to housing, health, and energy efficiency programs for low-income residents. Buffalo and other New York cities have braided these resources together to protect families from home health hazards and improve energy efficiency. By working in partnership across sectors, New York State can become the first state to pursue a comprehensive strategy to make residential energy more affordable and protect children from respiratory illness and other home health hazards.
• Maurice Jones, President and CEO, LISC
• Mayor Byron Brown, City of Buffalo
• Dana Bourland, Vice President, Environment, JPB Foundation
• Michael Bodaken, President, National Housing Trust
• Farhad Ebrahimi, Founder and President, Chorus Foundation
• Rebecca Morley, Director, The PEW Charitable Trusts
• Ruth Ann Norton, President and CEO, Green and Healthy Homes Initiative
• Aaron Bartley, Executive Director, PUSH Buffalo
• Clotilde Perez-Bode Dedecker, President and CEO, Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo